- Ongo Sales would develop the technology required for business as the scope finalized and deliver for UAT ( user acceptance testing ) deployed on cloud infrastructure on the testing servers.
- Upon approval, the solution will be deployed on production servers of cloud or on demand with standard integrations with infrastructure capabilities with respect to compute units, load balancers, storage etc.
Ongo Sales follow multi-tier, multi-tenant architecture for its deployments. It means on the below server multiple businesses can share its space and at the same time we can have multiple vendor servers deployed.The choice is based on the business size and need. As an example, a market place requirement must be on an independent server.
- Ongo Sales is modular in design. All the components are interlinked and some of the components expose API. These API’s act as interlinks between the external systems.
- Ongo Sales delivers the web and mobile interfaces as part of the deliverables. These interfaces consume the API’s from backend and display user interface as needed.
In this model, business will be on shared hosting: Below compute unit is calculated based on 200 SME’s on a server
- This compute unit will be divided across multiple businesses.
- With reference to fair usage policy of bandwidth and storage of each business, we can support 5000 users and 500 products respectively.
- In this model, up to 200 businesses can be supported for every ecs.mn4.8xlarge.
Instance type ecs.mn4.8xlargevCPU vCPU 2 Memory (GiB) 8 Storage (GB) EBS only Storage (GB) EBS only Networking Performance High Physical Processor Intel Zeon E5-2676 V3 Clock Speed (GHz) 2.4 Network vpc-1c4fea79 Subnet subnet-af9c2cd8 EBS-optimized Yes Monitoring No Termination Protection Yes Shutdown behaviour Stop IAM role None Tenancy Default Host ID Affinity Kernel ID Use default RAM disk ID Use default User data Assign Public IP Yes Assign IPv6 IP No Network interfaces Yes
Security Groups Inbound Rules Protocol Port Range Range HTTP TCP 80 0.0.0.0/0 HTTP TCP 80 ::/0 SSH TCP 22 0.0.0.0/0 Custom TCP Rule TCP 8000- 9988 0.0.0.0/0 Custom TCP Rule TCP 8000- 9989 ::/0 HTTPS TCP 443 0.0.0.0/0 HTTPS TCP 80 ::/0
Adding multiple instances and load-balancers can support the increase in businesses. Based on the sales strategy, servers can be deployed per business category.
OBJECT STORAGE USAGE
For each business Ongo Sales expects to have approximately 10 GB of space allocated. There are multiple use-cases in which Ongo Sales uses Object storage
- Saving Multi-media and data files (2 GB to 5 GB):
- We can restrict the size of multi-media files to be at 2 GB or 5 GB per merchant
- Cached files (API responses) (2GB)
- For better performance of API, Ongo Sales caches every API response and pushes the cached file to VCS.
- If the same request is made again, VCS would serve the need without impacting the compute unit.
- Old files are always removed but its needed to keep 2 GB of space allocated TO these cached files.
- Database backup (256 GB)
- VCS capacity would be directly proportional based on the number of DB backup we would opt for.
- Size of MySQL will be dumped in the VCS. On the top end, we need to consider the size allocated for business, multiplied by 5 on the VCS
- Snapshots backup
- Ongo Sales have identified snapshots for 28 verticals and 430 sub categories
- Size of snapshots are considerably lower than regular business storage. On the Higher side, we need to consider 5 GB for every snapshot.
- Binaries (android APK, and iOS IPA) & Key files (1 GB)
- Each APK version is saved on the VCS.
- Simple way of calculating the size occupied by binaries on VCS is
- No of businesses * 20 MB * 5 (versions) for android
- No of business * 100 MB * 5 (versions) for IOS
There are two levels of analytics.
- Traffic analytics (Heat map)
Traffic analytics operates at the server level and tracks how many pages/fragment are served to the user, how long it takes each pages/fragment to load, how often the user clicked on the button like call, sms, map etc, and how much time user has spent on each page.
- Commerce based Analytics
Commerce-based analytics uses clickstream data to determine the effectiveness of the app or site as a channel-to-market. It's concerned with what pages the shopper lingers on, what the shopper puts in or takes out of a shopping cart or filling a service form, what items the shopper purchases, whether the shopper belongs to a loyalty program and uses a coupon code and the shopper's preferred method of payment.
Businesses can define the loyalty points based on users heat map or commerce based activities. Ongo Sales generates API’s per every actionable item and loyalty points gets assigned by every action.
These API’s are consumed by the App and web and generate loyalty program for the consumer.
- Effect on Server
- Extremely large volume of data can be gathered through clickstream analytics, Ongo Sales suggest the increase in server capacity by at least 30 percent when users opts for the Analytics and Loyalty.
- At a large scale, we should be implementing big data analytics and related tools such as Hadoop to help interpret the data and generate reports for specific areas of interest.
Software installed on Servers
- Ongo Sales Server
- App Build Server
Ongo Sales App build server is a complete automatic process that generates Android Native apps. The process is sequential and would take 10 to 15 minutes of time in an ecs.mn4.large server.
vCPU Memory 2 8
- Domain Hosting
- Ongo Sales comes with inbuilt capabilities to deliver Web pages for businesses. These webpages are part of Ongo Sales UI server and act as a template to hold the data received from API’s.
- These webpages act as a template and are designed in such a way that they translate in the business category respective terminology.
- For the categories where Ongo Sales has foreseen the need of category specific customization, like Retail, Media & News etc Ongo Sales has pre-built templates.
- Based on the mutual prioritization, Ongo Sales can build templates for the categories and deliver the same based on the selection.
- Templates are designed and developed on Play built-in HTTP server.
- For the businesses, wanting to design their own website, Ongo Sales can act as the backend API provider. In these cases, website can be designed in any web technologies.
Ongo Sales insists to have below security considerations
- SSL based security: for the secure pages.
- Firewall security: This is not mandatory, but depends on the SLA offered to the business
- API level security: Basic session key is used for the secured API calls. Based on the needof hosting business, Ongo Sales can implement encryptions/decryptions
BACKUP & RESTORE
- DB is backed up on Object storage using the scheduler. In the existing Ongo Sales system, Scheduler runs every 12 hours and backup the database. These intervals can be configured based on the need and SLA.
- Ongo Sales generally maintains 7 days of backups. At the time of system failure, team restores the last known successful build and DB on the server and then try to figure out the root cause.
- All the content such as multi-media or files are part of Object storage. The default properties of Object storage help in protecting the data.
- In case of server migrations, the mapping of same Object storage bucket to the new server helps in making the new system live in short span.
- Snapshot (Image backup)
- Ongo Sales schedules the server images backed up on the regular intervals. At this point Ongo Sales uses third party Amazon tools to back up the server images.
- Snapshot based deployments
- Ongo Sales generally takes the image of a stable server (per category). We use these image snapshot to deploy the new server.
- The major use case for the snapshots based deployment are the enterprises or for the businesses who opt for private servers.
DELIVERABLES FOR SMB
Ongo Sales focuses to deliver below features in solution it delivers to its merchants
- Customer Experience
Ongo Sales will Amplify customer experience with respect to:
- Discovery of content
- Evaluation of business services, products, offers
- Accessibility on multiple devices (iOS, Android) and web
- Commerce not only purchase but also workflow defined for every touch point
- Usage patterns of customers on the app gets tracked
- Support touch points like calls, leave a request or chat gets enabled
- Enhanced engagement with customer grouping and communication
- campaigns accordingly.
- And allocation of loyalty points for every action on the application.
- Employee Experience
Ongo Sales will help enhance employee productivity by providing admin apps, helping business users to see what they are responsible for:
- Managing inventory
- Managing service requests
- Creating and sending campaigns
- Push notifications
- Create, publish and revoke featured products and offers
- Understand analytics on campaign performance
- Define the loyalty point structure w.r.t the actions
- Consumer facing Native mobile apps and Ongo Sales business pages
- Mobile app promotional pages Admin mobile app
- Unified Control Panel
ACTION PLAN TO ONBOARD CHANNEL PARTNERS
Ongo Sales customization
Ongo Sales team would white-label the framework based on brand guidelines. Below are the components:
- Ongo Sales Apps
- Mailers and customer communication
- Mobile apps & Admin apps
- Landing pages
- Play store and App store accounts
- Multi-lingual customization
Ongo Sales deploys its multi-tenant server for SMB’s on cloud and Object storage. Ongo Sales uses multiple ports to deploy multiple components:
- Ongo Sales SDK
- Ongo Sales API
- Ongo Sales UI
- Content Server
- Payment gateway server
These components work in tandem to deliver the desired results. Ongo Sales is built on Java, play framework that allows us to do Code deployments to reduce the downtime.
- The effort of Digital marketing starts with the landing pages. Ongo Sales would create few of these pages or keep the provision for landing pages for channel partner team to generate content.
- In the first few weeks Ongo Sales would provide the provision or the launch pad for digital marketing efforts. Ongo Sales can extend their efforts on this with the help of Google ad-words partners and social media partners. This scope of work is continuous exercise and long term.
Timeline: This is a continuous effort. Ongo Sales would create the needed technology for digital marketing between 4 to 8 weeks.
- Ongo Sales would provide training in setting up the sales process and Ongo Sales will provide periodic sales training with the framework enhancements
- There will be assigned single point of contact from Ongo Sales for Sales efforts. This would help in positioning the sales targets.
TimeLine: Ongo Sales R&D team would continuously come out with new features based on the industry learning. Ongo Sales prefers a quarterly training for the new features added, industry supported etc.
- Ongo Sales would hire a team of dedicated pre-sales engineers for channel partner. These engineers would help sales teams to get the demo’s ready to catalyse the sales process.
- Ongo Sales would suggest a ticket-tracking tool, which merchants would use to communicate their feedback, issues, and enhancements to the solutions delivered.
- Ongo Sales technical support team would be monitoring tickets raised and resolve the tickets accordingly.
- As agreed this team would be based out of Ongo Sales office in Hyderabad, India and would be active 24/7.
- Communication plays an important role in making sure the improved usage of technology. Ongo Sales defines multiple touch points and keep auto mailers to remind customers on the actions they must take, such as improving the profile, adding products or campaigning offers etc. to engage their audience.
- Ongo Sales and channel partner teams can work together on this to identify and automate the communication. Ongo Sales would extend it customer engagement with Support engineers who would guide support team would be monitoring tickets raised and resolve the tickets accordingly.